Important Dates September 2021
FULL DAY at SPG on Friday September 24th. Sign up link coming soon.
SPG will be CLOSED Thursday September 30th.
SPG September 2021 COVID Update
SPG’s goal is to support families needing childcare and offer children an opportunity to enjoy their return to school while ensuring we are in line with best practices outlined by the BC Centre of Disease Control, Provincial Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health Childcare Licensing, and WorkSafe BC to minimize the impact of infection and illness for the benefit of our member children and their families, our staff team and the greater community.
In line with the detailed directives of the above agencies, the following are policies specific to day-to-day operation at SPG from September 2021 onwards until further notice.
Hours of Operation and Attendance
- SPG will be open to provide care on school days from 7:30am to 9am and from 3pm to 6pm. Closed statutory holidays.
- SPG will be open on non-school days as per our Dates of Operation schedule.
- SPG will provide care to children registered from September 2021 through June 2022.
- Maximum capacity is 70 children per day.
- Field trip travel will be via charter bus, public transit or on foot.
Environmental Measures and General Practices
- Activities will be outdoors as much as is possible
- For indoor activities, children and staff will be spaced appropriately and windows will be open as much as is possible
- For indoor activities, staff and children grade 4 – 7 will be masked.
- Proper hand hygiene will be practiced and supervised
Cleaning and Disinfection
- General cleaning and disinfection will occur once each day
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned multiple times each day
- Please do not send toys from home
- Parents are NOT required to submit an online Daily Health Affirmation but are expected to assess their child daily for symptoms and contact risks and send them to SPG only when safe to do so
- Parents must pick up their child promptly once notified of any illness
- Parents will text 604-261-0515 to have their child(ren) brought out to them at pick up time. Please be patient as we will be gathering children from various areas in the school after we receive your message and we stop to wash hands before bringing them out the north east door.