Important Dates October 2020
Oct 12 SPG CLOSED FOR THANKSGIVING
Oct 13 SEWING program starts ($50 fee for 8 sessions)
Oct 21 and 22 Early Dismissal at 2pm
Oct 23 Professional Day
- Primaries Carving Pumpkins at SPG
- Intermediates Sasamat Lake Hike
Oct 27 SPG Zoom AGM
BONUS BREAKFASTS are on hold until further notice.
SPG October COVID Update
SPG’s goal is to support families needing childcare and offer children an opportunity to enjoy their return to school while ensuring we are in line with best practices outlined by the BC Centre of Disease Control, Provincial Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health Childcare Licensing, and WorkSafe BC to minimize the impact of infection and illness for the benefit of our member children and their families, our staff team and the greater community.
In line with the detailed directives of the above agencies, the following are policies specific to day-to-day operation at SPG from September 14th 2020 onwards.
Hours of Operation and Attendance
- SPG will be open to provide care on school days from 7:30am to 9am and from 3pm to 6pm. Closed statutory holidays.
- SPG will be open on non-school days as per our Dates of Operation schedule.
- SPG will provide care to children registered from September 2020 through June 2021.
- Maximum capacity is 70 children per day.
- Children will be divided into groups or pods in line with the divisions established by the school.
- No drop-ins or non-member attendance.
- Field trip travel will be via charter bus or on foot.
- Bus driver will be partitioned.
- Children will each have their own seat, except for those in the same household.
Environmental Measures and General Practices
- Activities will be outdoors as much as is possible
- For indoor activities, children and staff will be spaced appropriately and windows will be open as much as is possible
- Proper hand hygiene will be practiced and supervised
- Focus will be on limiting physical contact and encouraging physical distancing
- Tables will be moved apart and additional spaces will be used in the lower hall and in other areas of the school building
Cleaning and Disinfection
- General cleaning and disinfection will occur once each day
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned multiple times each day
- Toys and Equipment will be cleaned between uses
- Difficult to clean items will not be used (soft toys)
- Please do not send toys from home
- Parents will be required to complete online a Daily Health Check Affirmation before their child attends care each day https://forms.gle/19cqJuZYdTso7VFS9
- Parents must pick up their child promptly once notified of any illness
- Parents will text 604-261-0515 to have their child(ren) brought out to them at pick up time or knock on the daycare windows and wave. Please be patient as we will be gathering children from various areas in the school after we receive your message and we stop to wash hands before bringing them out the north east door.