SPG Summer Operational Update
SPG’s goal is to support families needing summer childcare and offer children an opportunity to enjoy their COVID-19 summer while ensuring we are in line with best practices outlined by the BC Centre of Disease Control, Provincial Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health Childcare Licensing, and WorkSafe BC to minimize the impact of infection and illness for the benefit of our member children and their families, our staff team and the greater community.
In line with the detailed directives of the above agencies, the following are new policies specific to day-to-day operation at SPG between June 29th and Sept 4 2020.
Hours of Operation and Attendance
- SPG will be open to provide care on weekdays from 8am to 6pm. Closed statutory holidays.
- SPG will provide care to children registered in advance keeping total weekly enrolment under 45 with each group no more than 15 participants
- No drop-in or daily rate for this summer
Environmental Measures and General Practices
- Activities will be outdoors as much as is possible
- For indoor activities, children and staff will be spaced appropriately and windows will be open as much as is possible
- Proper hand hygiene will be practiced and supervised
- Focus will be on limiting physical contact and encouraging physical distancing
- Tables will be moved apart and additional spaces will be used in the lower hall and in other areas of the school building
- Travel will be by charter school bus
- Except for children in the same household, all children will have their own seat
- Driver will be partitioned
- Bus will be sanitized before morning pick up and again before return trip
- No public transit this summer
- Children will be travelling greater distances ON FOOT
Cleaning and Disinfection
- General cleaning and disinfection will occur once each day
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned multiple times each day
- Toys and Equipment will be cleaned between uses
- Difficult to clean items will not be used (soft toys)
- Please do not send toys from home
- Parents will be required to complete online a Daily Health Check Affirmation before their child attends care each day https://forms.gle/19cqJuZYdTso7VFS9
- Parents will drop children off and check in at the north east door (entry near girls’ washroom)
- Parents must pick up their child promptly once notified of any illness
- Parents will text 604-261-0515 to have their child(ren) brought out to them at pick up time or knock on the daycare windows and wave. Please be patient as we will be gathering children from various areas in the school after we receive your message and we stop to wash hands before bringing them out the north east door.
- Groups will be kept separate throughout the day, staggering snack times and outdoor play times, as much as is possible.
- Staff will NOT be applying sunscreen to children. Please ensure they are adequately protected before arrival. Staff will coach children to apply sunscreen independently and carefully.
- Staff members will be dedicated to specific groups for full weeks, as much as is possible.
Along with these measures, signage will be posted encouraging hand-washing, limiting entry to specific areas, and illustrating other control measures. Your children’s health and safety is of highest concern. Our whole team is working to make sure they have a great summer!
Be Calm. Be Kind. Be Safe. – Dr. Bonnie Henry